Apricot Oil is extracted by crushing kernels and using cold-pressed methods. Apricot oil is used in culinary items, skin care and hair care products.
Benefits of using Apricot Kernel Oil:
1. Apricot oil is light and easily absorbed because it resembles the skin's naturally-produced oil sebum. Apricot oil helps to improve skin tone, maintain softness and radiance of the skin. It also nourishes the skin and lowers the appearance of face wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes (that's the Vitamin C and E working in partnership).
2. Apricot oil is also naturally high in Vitamin E which boosts the skin’s ability to retain elasticity and clarity by helping to protect cells from damaging free radicals (such as environmental pollutants), promoting a more radiant complexion.
3. Apricot oil is light and quickly makes skin soft and smooth (that's due to its Vitamin A content); it percolates deep into the skin and provides long-lasting moisturization. Its fatty acids act as non-greasy emollients to nourish and restore dry skin.
4. Apricot oil’s natural linoleic acid (omega 6) content strengthens the skin’s barrier function and its oleic acid (omega 9) content softens skin and gives a satin-like feel.
5. Organic Apricot oil if taken orally can help to improve bowel movements.
6. The study was performed on rats and showed that apricot oil may have the ability to stimulate certain beneficial reactions in the cardiovascular system.
8. Pure Apricot oil is also very beneficial for hair. It helps to remove dandruff, control hair fall, delay greying, strengthens hair from root to the end.