Granola is considered as a healthy snack as it is mainly made with roasted crunchy Oats, Dry Fruits, Seeds and Honey/Brown Sugar. Hence, it is also known as Super Food. It is rich in vitamins, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and carbs etc.
What is the difference between Granola and Oats?
- Granola: a breakfast food consisting of rolled oats, brown sugar, nuts, dried fruit, etc., usually served with milk.
- Oats: a cereal grass, Avena sativa, cultivated for its edible seed.
Following are the Benefits of adding Granola in your diet;
- High fiber items in Granola helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Oats have beta glucan, a type of fiber that works best to reduce total and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, two risk factors for heart disease.
- Whole grains, dried fruits and seeds help to reduce blood sugar levels.
- Granola is rich in antioxidant which helps to keep you young and delays aging.
A lot of people ask that "Why Granola in bad for you?", we always say that in order to reap its benefits, try not to add sugar. 100% pure Honey is the best alternative. Excessive sugar in your diet will lead to other health issues.
How to make a healthy bowl of Granola?
Adding Greek yogurt will make your granola even tastier.
Is Granola available in Pakistan?
You can find the best variety of Granola in Pakistan.