Origin of Ghee:
Ghee is a class of clarified Butter that originated in ancient India. It is commonly used in cuisine of Indian Subcontinent, Middle Eastern Cuisine, traditional medicine, and religious rituals.
How is Desi Ghee made?
- Bring milk to boil, leave it to cool for 4-5 hours.
- This forms a thick layer of cream (malai) over the top, remove this layer and keep aside. The milk can be then used as skimmed milk for any purpose.
- Keep collecting the layered cream for 5-6 days. Refrigerate the cream collected everyday.
- For extracting ghee take the cream collected over a period, add double the quantity of water, mix and whip till a froth floats on top.
- Separate the froth and heat it on low flame in a thick bottom saucepan till the fat separates into clarified ghee, strain and store for use.
Health Benefits of Desi Ghee:
1. Ghee is a great source of butyric acid, a short-chain fatty acid that has been linked to lower levels of inflammation and improved digestive health.
2. Ghee is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which may help decrease inflammation and protect against heart disease.
3. Ghee contains medium and short-chain fatty acids of which, auric acid is a potent antimicrobial and antifungal substance.
4. Ghee is one of the best low-fat alternatives to butter and cooking oils. It improves overall health and has many nutritional values that aid in weight loss. Contrary to popular belief, cow ghee improves metabolism by removing toxins from cells, which makes an integral part of your diet if you’re trying to lose weight.
5. Since it contains a huge amount of antioxidants, ghee increases your body’s ability to absorb nutrients. Hence, consuming ghee instead of other oils reduces the chances of getting sick.
6. Vital fatty acids, present in ghee, help nourish and nurture dull skin. Pure desi ghee is used in countless beauty recipes that help hydrate and soften skin cells.
7. According to Ayurveda, it improves absorption ability of small intestine and decreases the acidic pH of our gastrointestinal tract. Ghee is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids which decrease LDL cholesterol. Cow's ghee is a natural antioxidant which eliminates free radicals and inhibits oxidation process.
8. Ghee increases the capability of the intestinal walls to absorb nutrients. This quality also enhances the healing power of the herbs you ingest.
9. Ghee helps control allergies, arthritis, and auto-immune conditions, as it has anti-inflammatory agents.
10. For proper maintenance and improvement of brain cells, fat is essential. Ghee is considered as the best source of fat as compared to any other fats. The proteins from the ghee also help in the creation of neurotransmitters. These keep the nerve endings active. Ghee also helps in improving memory.
Make sure you add Desi Ghee in your diet for a healthier tomorrow.
Which Desi Ghee is the best?
Grass-fed Cow's Desi Ghee is the best that you can add in your diet.
What is the price of Desi Ghee in Pakistan?
Price List of best quality Desi Ghee / Khalis Desi ghee:
- Khalis Desi Ghee by The Organic Shop.
- Original Desi Ghee by Best Organics.
- Homemade Desi Ghee by Organic Essence.
Check out Desi ghee price 1 kg from the link mentioned below:
(Health benefits of Desi Ghee have been compiled from different reliable sources).