Quantity: 250 Grams
Tofu (dòufu), also known as bean curd in English, is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, extra firm, or super firm. Beyond these broad textural categories, there are many varieties of tofu. It has a subtle flavor, so it can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish and its flavors, and due to its spongy texture, it absorbs flavors well.
Benefits of eating Tofu:
1. Lowers levels of LDL cholesterol.
2. The researchers propose that this could benefit patients with type 2 diabetes.
3. Protein, particularly soy protein, may enhance renal function, and it could have benefits for people who are undergoing dialysis or kidney transplantation.
4. Soy isoflavones may help to reduce bone loss and increase bone mineral density, especially after menopause.
5. Population studies have indicated that, in regions where people consume more soy, there is a lower incidence of age-related mental disorders.