Organic pure Mulberry Jam from Hunza.
Mulberry jams are prepared by collecting Black Mulberry fruits from the gardens of Hunza in their season using traditional methods.
Mulberries are rich in plant compounds, such as anthocyanins, that contribute to their color and beneficial health effects.
The most abundant ones include:
- Anthocyanins. A family of antioxidants that may inhibit oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol and provide beneficial effects against heart diseases.
- Cyanidin. The main anthocyanin in mulberries is responsible for their black, red, or purple color.
- Chlorogenic acid. An antioxidant abundant in many fruits and vegetables.
- Rutin. A powerful antioxidant that may help protect against chronic conditions like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Myricetin. A compound that may have a protective effect against some cancers.