- Prevent aging
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- A rich source of phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants
- Enhance the nervous functions and regulating body metabolism.
- A rich source of calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and copper
- Cures muscle pains, rheumatic and arthritic pains
- Stimulates hair growth
- Rai paste can function as a laxative
- Stimulates the production of gastric mucosa
- Enhance the secretion of intestinal juices
Rai Seeds and Sarsoo Oil
Rai seeds, Mustard seeds or Sarsoo are the different name of a plant botanically known as Brassica juncea. It has many cultivars, in sub-continent of India & Pakistan white, brown and black varieties are commonly used by people. Greeks, Romans, Asians and Africans have all explored the taste of mustard seeds and have integrated them into their cuisines. It is the second most traded commodity in the world. The Brown & Black seeds are pungent in taste and use as spice while the White (yellow) is mild and used for extracting oil.
In the classification of oil Mustard /Sarsoo oil is considered as hard oil and best as frying oil. Combination of Mastard oil with Fish complements each other and enhances the health benefits of both.
Mustard seeds also find their place in the Bible and their first usage record is found in the Sanskrit scripts that date back to thousands of years.
Rai or Mustard seed are popular throughout the world because it is easy to cultivate and has a great taste. Besides these facts it has an even greater health profile.