WHAT IS WATER KEFIR?
Water kefir is a fermented, carbonated beverage that is produced using water kefir grains.
Unlike Milk Kefir, which is made from cow, sheep, or goat milk, water kefir is made by combining sugar water with water kefir grains — a type of grain-like culture of bacteria and yeast.
Water Kefir Grains are live probiotics in the form of soft, jelly-like ‘grains. When healthy and fed, these grains will continue to grow and multiply and produce an endless supply of water kefir.
Use Water Kefir Grains to make naturally gut-healthy, bubbly water kefir at home! It’s as easy as mixing sugar into the water - our Water Kefir Grains will do the rest.
Don’t worry, the sugar isn’t for you. The grains will metabolize the sugar during the fermentation process and the final kefir water will be very low in sugar.
WHY YOUR BODY NEEDS KEFIR?
1. Boosts Gut Health:
Water kefir is rich in probiotics. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can help support gut health. Studies show that probiotics can have far-reaching effects on health. In fact, they may benefit from everything from immunity to mental health, metabolism, and disease risk.
2. Builds Immunity:
Because of its impressive kefir probiotic content, water kefir can have a powerful effect on immune function. Probiotics play a central role in regulating the immune response. They could offer protection against viral infections, allergies, and even eczema.
3. Supports Weight Loss:
Many people wonder: Can kefir help you lose weight? Low in calories but loaded with flavor and fizziness, swapping out sodas or other sugar-sweetened beverages for water kefir a few times per week can definitely bring big benefits when it comes to your waistline.
4. Improves Digestion:
Kefir tends to improve digestion and bowel movements. It is said to even improve our metabolism system.
5. Reduces Blood Pressure & Cholesterol:
Kefir is said to have great properties in curing high blood pressure. Bad cholesterol can also reduce with the continuous use of Kefir.
1. What is inside the Kefir Packet?
- One Packet of kefir grains (70% active and 30% inactive)
Quantity: 10 Grams
(10 grams makes half a liter of kefir initially. Grains multiply with the passage and eventually, you will be able to make bigger batches.
2. Shipping & Storage Information
- We recommend that you start making Kefir at least within 2 days of receiving it.
HOW TO MAKE DEHYDRATED WATER KEFIR?
- Add 1 tablespoon of Organic Shakkar/Brown Sugar to half a liter of room temperature boiled water and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Now, empty your entire water kefir grains into the jar and stir once and slowly with a wooden/plastic spoon.
- Cover with a coffee filter or cloth secured by a rubber band and ferment it for 7 hrs in Summer and 24 hrs in Winter.
- After completing the fermentation time, strain the grains and waste the liquid.
- Add half a liter of water mixed with organic sugar/shakkar again into the grains and ferment it. Repeat this process for 3 days.
- On the 4th day, you can start consuming Water Kefir.
- Check if you can see the bubbles in the water kefir. This would indicate that your water kefir grains are fermenting well.
(If your kitchen is too hot then ferment in any room)
(After a few weeks, the grains will multiply. In that case, you can make more than a half-liter of Water Kefir)
Water Kefir is a great fermented product for beginners and makes a delicious replacement for soda. It’s easy to make and can be flavored with fruit or juice and bottled to produce a lightly carbonated probiotic beverage.
HOW DOES IT LOOK & TASTE LIKE?
It has a semi-tart effervescent mild and sweet flavor.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO DRINK KEFIR?
Technically, you can take kefir any time. However, we generally recommend that you take it first thing in the morning because it's an energy booster.
WHICH SUPPLIES DO I REQUIRE TO MAKE KEFIR?
- A Glass/Plastic/Wooden jar
- A plastic or wood stirring utensil
- A towel, butter muslin, or paper coffee filter to use as a covering for the jar
- A band to secure the covering such as a rubber band or jarring.
HOW CAN I STORE & RE-USE KEFIR IF I DON’T WANT TO USE IT FOR A WEEK?
Store Water Kefir Grains in a small container with half a liter of water and brown sugar solution and place this container in the fridge, now you can keep it refrigerated for a week.
This process requires changing and adding fresh water plus brown sugar after every week.
When you need to reuse these grains, first you should take them out, then leave them in another half-liter of water for 24 hours at room temperature. If there is no problem occurring in fermentation, you can do the next with more water. Initially, fermentation may get slow but eventually, they will start to multiply and reproduce in a short time.
This can be stored only for 2 months.
Kefir can cause side effects like bloating, nausea, intestinal cramping, and constipation, especially when first started. These side effects usually stop with continued use.