What is Argan?
Argan is a genus of flowering plants containing the sole species Argania spinosa, known as Argan, a tree endemic to the Calcareous semidesert Sous valley of southwestern Morocco.
How is Argan Oil made?
Argan oil is made from the kernels that grow on the Argan trees native to Morocco. Oil is extracted from these kernels through cold-pressed technique.
Benefits of using Argan Oil:
1. Using Argan oil on skin can deeply moisturize your skin. Argan Oil has amazing anti-aging properties as well which helps to delay wrinkles and fine lines.
2. It also helps to prevent acne, dark spots and pigmentation.
3. Argan Oil has miraculous benefits if used in hair. It nourishes and strengthens hair from root till the end. It helps to control hair fall while giving your hair a magical shine.
4. Argan Oil is a great detangler and anti-breakage solution for hair.
5. Argan Oil also helps to heal skin infections.
6. Argan Oil is also used for culinary purposes. It is highly rich in vitamins and minerals. Argan oil can help to control blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
A one tablespoon of culinary argan oil contains: Calories: 72. Protein: Less than 1 gram. Fat: 8 grams.
7. Argan Oil is rich in vitamin E, or tocopherol, a fat-soluble vitamin that serves as a potent antioxidant to reduce the damaging effects of free radicals.
8. Argan Oil is frequently used to prevent and reduce stretch marks, although no research has been conducted to prove its efficacy.
9. Argan Oil helps to cure eczema and dermatitis as well.
10. Argan Oil is added in aromatherapy blends as well due to its soothing properties.