Types of Dandruff?
- Oily skin dandruff.
- Dry skin dandruff.
- Fungus-related dandruff.
- Psoriasis-related dandruff.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
What causes Dandruff?
1. Dry Skin:
Dry skin is one of the main causes of dandruff. Especially in Winter, skin becomes drier – which is why people tend to notice more dandruff at this time. There are numerous shampoos, both medicated and unmedicated, that can alleviate or completely eliminate dandruff and restore moisture to the scalp. It is recommended to use Moisturizing Hair Oil and Aloe vera Shampoo to provide extra nourishment and hydration.
2. Dirty Scalp:
Even though it sounds unhygienic, your dandruff could be caused by not washing your hair enough. Oil builds up on the skin when you don't shampoo enough, which can lead to dandruff.
It is a myth that you cannot shampoo daily. A good Organic shampoo or Naturally-made shampoo can be used everyday. The key is "Listen to your scalp". If your scalp requires daily cleansing, "DO IT". If not, then you can shampoo on alternate days or whatever suits you. Your scalp produces more oil than your face, in that case it requires cleansing.
3. Medical Conditions:
Malassezia is a fungus that lives on everyone's hair and skin. Some people develop a sensitivity that can lead to dandruff. Psoriasis and other forms of dermatitis are two other skin conditions that are exacerbated by Malassezia, as is seborrheic dermatitis.
Your over all skin can become dry if you do not have sufficient water intake. Make sure, you drink enough water and check your vitamins too.
How can you prevent Dandruff?
Dandruff can be prevented by following a healthy internal and external regime.
1. It is very important to track your daily vitamins. You should have a balanced diet and do not avoid oils from your diet. You should have either Olive Oil or Desi Ghee in your diet or any other oil which you believe is safe for heart health.
2. Do check your water intake.
3. Proper hair oiling is very important. Your scalp needs nutrition like your skin.
4. A good Protein hair mask or any other healthy hair treatments are very important twice a month.
5. We cannot emphasize more on this.... "Keep your scalp clean". Use a Sulphate FREE, Paraben FREE and Silicone FREE shampoo. It should be mild (Naturally or Organically made) danduff shampoo, such as "Aloe vera shampoo". Avoid any harsh chemicals in your hair.
Last but not the least, if you are having a medical condition, do not self-medicate. Always get your severe medical issues treated by a dermatologist.
How can you cure Dandruff?
There are different ways to cure basic dandruff issue by changing your hair care regime.
Firstly, if you are using any commercial shampoo then quickly switch to Natural alternatives, ideally a best shampoo for dandruff. This is the most crucial step in improving the over all hair health.
5 Amazing DIY Hacks:
1. Keep a last rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar/Lemon/Vinegar diluted with water.
2. Make a hair mask with Yogurt as it will help to cure the yeast build-up.
3. Add 2 Disprin/Asprin tablet in water and let it dilute. Do the last rinse with this water.
4. Coconut Oil could be your game-changer.
5. Rub Aloe vera gel gently on your scalp. Let it dry and wash it with water.
Which Shampoo is best for Dandruff?
This is the most common question, we get to hear from people. The key is to use a shampoo which is made from Aloe vera gel. Aloe vera has great soothing properties which not only cleanses your scalp but also helps in hair regrowth.
An Aloe vera shampoo combined with other strong ingredients can help to solve all your hair related problems.
The best organic shampoo for dandruff is Aloe Vera Shampoo (Adv Formula with Keratin & Zinc). It is formulated with amazing ingredients that can help to solve all your hair problems.