Causes of Dry Hair
Dry hair can be caused by a number of things, including your physical health, your hair care routine, and the environment.
Conditions in the environment that can lead to dry hair include:
1. Living in hot & dry climate.
2. Using harsh hair care products like shampoo, conditioner or gels.
3. Frequent heat styling like usage of electric curling irons, straighteners, or curlers.
4. Dying or chemically treating your hair.
5. Poor food intake and insufficient water consumption.
How to Treat Dry hair
Every person has different hair type, and with time the hair texture changes due to several environmental and physical factors.
There are a lot of ways to improve the texture of your dry and damaged hair. Following are some of the ways:
1. Firstly. throw away all commercial hair care products which contain harsh chemicals like Sulphates, Parabens and Silicone. Use a Natural or Organic Shampoo which is sulphate-free and paraben-free. Naturally-made shampoo is mild on the scalp and does not damage hair shaft.
2. Try to use a a super rich nourishing hair oil at least once a week. Coconut and Almond Oil super hydrating.
3. Try to use a good Hair protein mask made with yogurt, egg and Raw Shea Butter.
4. Always use an organic hair conditioner after using an organic shampoo.
5. Try to use an oil-based hair serum after washing your hair.
6. Stay away from all sorts of chemical-based hair treatments.
7. If you have grey hair issue then switch to Natural dyes.
8. Add Omega-3s and antioxidants in your diet. Don't forget to watch your vitamins.
9. Never use hot water to wash your hair. Cold shower is the best deal.