What is Stevia?
Stevia is a sugar substitute and natural sweetener made from the leaves of the plant Stevia rebaudiana. It is known as "Natural Zero Calorie Sweetener" or "Natural Sugar" substitute.
What is the Urdu Name for Stevia?
How is Stevia made?
Stevia leaves are harvested and dried when they reach their peak sweetness. The best-tasting, sweet substance in the dried stevia leaves is extracted by soaking them in water. After that, this extract is dried, purified, filtered, and crystallized.
The green Stevia leaf is simply crushed into a powder and it is ready for selling.
Types of Stevia
There are two types of Stevia:
- Green Stevia (Raw & Unprocessed).
- White Stevia (Processed).
Can Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women Consume Stevia Sweetener?
Stevia is safe to consume during pregnancy, however it is always recommended to consult your doctor.
Can People with Diabetes Consume Stevia Sweetener?
They are a good sugar substitute for diabetics because they rarely raise blood sugar levels.
Can Stevia help with Weight loss or Weight maintenance?
Stevia is known as a "Calorie-Free Sweetener". Stevia, if taken instead of normal sugar then it can help to control weight.
Can Children consume Stevia?
Stevia has been shown to be safe for children up to the European Food Safety Authority's acceptable daily limit of 4 mg/kg of body weight.
Is there a link between Stevia & Cancer?
Consuming stevia appears to benefit chronic conditions like hyperglycemia, dyslipidemia, and hypertension, and numerous studies have documented its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
How to use Stevia as a Sugar Substitute?
You can add Stevia in normal drinks, chai/tea, and desserts.
Can Stevia Cure Diabetes? Many people wonder if stevia can treat or cure diabetes because of its focus on the condition. Diabetes cannot be cured at this time, but it can be managed with medication and changes to one's lifestyle .Stevia can support these changes in lifestyle.
What are the Top benefits of Stevia?
1. According to the findings of the study, the stevia plant might have cardiotonic effects. The heartbeat is controlled and blood pressure is normalized by cardiotonic actions.
2. Kaempferol is one of many sterols and antioxidant compounds in stevia. Kaempferol has been shown to lower the risk of pancreatic cancer in studies.
3. Stevia had little to no effect on blood glucose, insulin levels, or body weight, according to the study.
4. Stevia consumption has been shown to significantly lower bad LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increase healthy HDL cholesterol, which is necessary for a healthy lipid profile.
5. Stevia is a popular ingredient in toothpaste and mouthwashes due to its ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
6. Stevia, in contrast to sugar, may help treat osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density.
What are the Side Effects of Stevia?
Stevia can be consumed without concern as long as it is highly purified and consumed in moderation.
Sugar alcohol is present in certain Stevia products. Bloating, abdominal cramps, nausea, and diarrhea may occur in people who are sensitive to sugar and alcohol.
Where to get 100% Pure Organic Stevia in Pakistan?
Stevia Sweetener Powder is available at Rs 780 in Pakistan. You can get Stevia Powder in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad or anywhere in Pakistan. Purchase Stevia Online from The Nature's Store.