Hibiscus flower tea or Gul Gurhal ki chai is a genus of flowering plants in the mallow family, Malvaceae. Hibiscus flowers come in many colors. They can be red, yellow, white, or peach-colored, and can be as big as 6 inches wide. The most popular variety is Hibiscus sabdariffa. The red flowers of this variety are most commonly cultivated for medical purposes, and are available as dietary supplements.
What is another name for Hibiscus tea?
Other common names for hibiscus tea include sour tea, red sorrel, agua de Jamaica, roselle, and karkadé.
Is it safe to drink Hibiscus tea everyday?
Limit yourself to no more than two to three cups per day. It is completely safe to drink Hibiscus tea everyday. You can also make Hibiscus Iced tea with its petals.
What is Hibiscus tea good for?
Here are the top 10 benefits of drinking Hibiscus tea:
1. Studies have shown that Hibiscus tea helps to reduce Blood Pressure and Cholesterol level.
2. Hibiscus tea or Hibiscus petal extract is said to have such medical properties which helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
3. Hibiscus tea may help in reducing weight as it improves the over all metabolism.
4. Some research suggests that anthocyanins may hold the key to hibiscus’ anticancer properties.
5. Hibiscus tea also plays a crucial role in improving liver health.
6. Hibiscus tea has also anti-bacterial properties in it.
7. Hibiscus tea is full of antioxidants and Vitamin C which may help in treating anxiety and has a calming effect on your mind. It also has the ability to cool down your body.
8. The hibiscus flower not just helps in dealing with painful cramps during your period but it can also help regulate your periods. Hibiscus has an effect on your estrogen levels which can help induce menstruation.
9. Some studies found that the antioxidants in hibiscus were helpful in restoring and supporting damaged kidneys.
10. Drinking a glass of warm hibiscus tea on a daily basis elevates brain power, memory, concentration.
Where can you get Hibiscus tea in Pakistan?
Hibiscus tea is available online in Pakistan from The Nature's Store. Click on the link below to shop for it: https://bit.ly/3sci4ti