What are the causes of Hair Dandruff?
Dandruff is caused by a combination of factors, including:
Dry skin: When the scalp becomes dry, it can lead to flaking and itching.
Yeast overgrowth: A type of yeast called Malassezia lives on the scalp of most people. In some people, an overgrowth of this yeast can cause inflammation, leading to dandruff.
Not shampooing enough: Not shampooing frequently enough can lead to a build-up of oils and dead skin cells on the scalp, which can cause dandruff.
Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes can affect the production of oils in the scalp, leading to dandruff.
Certain medical conditions: Some medical conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis, can cause dandruff.
Certain medications: Some medications, such as acne medications, can cause dryness and flaking of the scalp.
Stress: Stress can cause skin to dry out, including the scalp, leading to dandruff.
Certain hair products: Using hair products that contain certain ingredients can cause dandruff, including alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, and sodium chloride.
How to get rid of Hair Dandruff?
There are several ways to get rid of dandruff:
- Use an over-the-counter dandruff shampoo that contains ingredients such as salicylic acid, Aloe vera, or zinc pyrithione.
- Try using an organic or naturally made shampoo as they don't have harsh sulphates and parabens.
- If you have sensitive skin, use a gentle, non-medicated shampoo and avoid using hair styling products.
- Make sure you are washing your hair regularly and using a clean comb or brush.
- Exfoliate your scalp gently using a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Try a home remedy like apple cider vinegar rinse to help rebalance the pH of your scalp.
- If your dandruff persists, consult a dermatologist for further advice.
Which Shampoo is the best to treat Dandruff?
Aloe vera shampoo by Nature's Store is the best shampoo to treat dandruff and hair fall.