First of all, we need to understand the science behind the darkening of lips or pigmentation.
What causes dark lips?
There are several reasons behind developing dark lips or pigmentation. Excessive exposure to the sun, dehydration, smoking, allergic reaction, using low quality cosmetics, taking too much caffeine, lip sucking, not cleaning lips after eating, or it could be Vitamin B12 deficiency too.
According to some studies, it could be a genetic reason too.
Dark lips treatment home remedy
Often it is asked, how to lighten dark lips? It is also a good home remedy for smokers dark lips.
There are several DIY treatments that can be tried at home.
Let’s talk about a few remedies,
- Apple cider vinegar
Lip scrubs tend to remove the dead skin on your lips which then helps to bring back the colour.
Here's a recipe of Cocoa Lip Scrub, it can be easily made at home:
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- Half a teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- Half teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
- 2 Drops of Honey
or you can try out our another recipe, Zesty Lip Scrub
- 1 Tablespoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Pearl size Shea Butter
- Half teaspoon of sweet Almond Oil/Apricot Oil
- A pinch of Turmeric
- 5 Drops of Lemon/Orange juice
How to avoid having dark lips?
* Try to keep your lips hydrated by using an organic or all -natural lip balm. This way you will not have a habit of licking lips.
* Always use a sunblock before going out.
* Wipe out right after having food or any drink.
* Try to exfoliate your lips every once a week.
* Don't skip your vitamins.
* Keep yourself hydrated.
Dark lips treatment products
Best Organic lip scrubs in Pakistan
Top Organic Lip Balms in Pakistan