What is Matcha Tea?
Matcha tea is also known as "Japanese Tea", which is a green powder made from ground green tea leaves that is use to make tea and other beverages and as a flavoring agent. Matcha means "Green Powder".
Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves, traditionally consumed in East Asia. The green tea plants used for matcha are shade-grown for three to four weeks before harvest; the stems and veins are removed during processing. During shaded growth, the plant Camellia sinensis produces more theanine and caffeine.
Why is Matcha Tea famous?
Herbal teas were traditionally consumed as medicine in Japan. There is a proverb saying “good medication is bitter in taste” (ryoyaku wa kuchi ni nigashi 良薬は口に苦し), and matcha was one of them.
Matcha contains a great concentration of a variety of nutrients. It is known to boost metabolism as well as having a calming effect to help relax or sleep better. In addition, the aroma has therapeutic properties, and appreciating the scent of the tea is actually an important part of the Japanese tea ceremony.
Benefits of Matcha Tea:
Is Organic Matcha Tea safe to drink?
With its potent nutritional properties, matcha tea can boost your metabolism, detoxify your body, calm the mind, enhance your mood, and lower cholesterol. Matcha tea provides vitamin C, selenium, zinc, magnesium, EGCG, fiber, chromium, and more. Matcha known to support a healthier immune system too.
Amongst its many health benefits, Organic Japanese Matcha,,
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha tea is good for weight loss , studies have shown that Matcha is very effective for your metabolism.
How to make Matcha Tea?
- Sift 1-2 tsp matcha into a cup using a small sifter.
- Add 2oz hot water. For best results use water just under a boil.
- Whisk vigorously in a zig zag motion until the tea is frothy.
- Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.
Where to find Matcha tea in Pakistan?
Click here to buy best Matcha tea online in Pakistan: