Kombucha is a fermented tea which is lightly effervescent and sweetened black or green tea drink commonly consumed for gut health. It has been consumed for thousands of years. Kombucha has beneficial probiotics which help to provide healthy bacteria in your gut. These bacteria can improve many aspects of health, including digestion, inflammation and even weight loss.
Health benefits of drinking Kombucha:
- Kombucha helps to lower cholesterol and reduces the chances of cardiovascular disease.
- Kombucha drink is very rich in antioxidants which is beneficial in preventing several diseases.
- Due to its anti-bacterial properties suppress the growth of undesirable bacteria and yeasts, but they do not affect the beneficial, probiotic bacteria and yeasts involved in kombucha fermentation.
- Research has shown great benefits in Kombucha fore reducing blood sugar level.
- Kombucha tea may help in preventing cancer, although studies have not proven it.
- Kombucha also works for weight loss and helps in digestion.
Side Effects of TOO MUCH KOMBUCHA:
- May cause bloating digestion issues and bloating.
- May lead to excess caffeine consumption. Caffeine toxicity include abdominal pain, seizures, increased blood acid levels, irregular or fast heartbeat, and reduced blood flow to the heart.
- It may result into sleep disruption.
The philosophy that too much of a good thing can be bad applies to kombucha. Though the occasional kombucha drinker needn't worry about this side effect, those drinking multiple bottles of kombucha every day may be at risk for a condition called lactic acidosis.